Sunday, May 15, 2011

Psychic Force 2012 - EXTRA: Richard Wong is a Bastard.


 Man, it's Sunday and I've been pretty busy today.  Busy doing absolutely nothing!  I've actually been playing Psychic Force 2012 this whole weekend and I honestly didn't feel like playing anything else, especially when this game is so dear to me.  So let's talk about it some more, shall we?  I'm that one guy who gives a lot of love to games that were tragically overlooked.  You probably picked up that hint if you looked at my previous blog entries and you couldn't recognize half of what I am even talking about.  But this game, I would have to say it's easily in my top 10 favorite games of all time.  I don't really HAVE a top 10, but if I did you can be sure this game would be in it!

He always has that grin on his face.
The music your typical Japanese synth, but I haven't forgot a single tune in this game.  Both the original arcade tunes and the special arranged versions, I enjoy them both!  Each character has their own theme song that plays when you fight them.  The cyborg GATES features an appropriately mechanical beat, the cool-headed water-focused Carlo got a smooth jazzy tune, and the fiery Regina having an appropriately hot guitar lick.  Though my favorite theme belongs to the glorious bastard of the series: Richard Wong.  This guy is one evil very EVIL man.  With the powers to manipulate time, he can easily ruin your day, his song is titled "Perfect World".  He considers himself to be a chess-master with everyone else in the world his unwitting pawns.  He has used and abused countless people to meet his own ends and he does it all with a mocking smile on face.  His theme song only amplifies his character, playing very elegant piano mixed in with a sense of animosity.  He's a guy with class, but he wouldn't mind stabbing you with hundreds of swords and this song proves that.
Yes, he's flipping you off in this game cover.

Oh wow, this suddenly became about Richard Wong!  Funny what happens when you start writing!  This guy is so badass, that even if you beat him in one of the many story modes, HE WILL STILL WIN!  Even if you kill him, he'll have one last ace up his sleeve to screw you over in your ending.  Play as him in the story mode, and you'll be so badass, that you don't have to GO anywhere!  All your opponents come to you looking for revenge so no traveling is necessary.  Just sit back in your mansion, and be the asshole that ruins so many lives!  In the end, Wong kills everyone on the roster and the world is his.  No screwjob.  No justice.  Nothing.  The bad guy WINS!  And all the good guys get horrible endings, but this bastard gets what he wants in his end!  ISN'T THAT WONDERFULLY HORRIBLE?!

And I'll end this weekend's post with Wong's theme song.  I picked up a new game today, and I'll talk about that in the coming days.  Until then, I hope you have a good evening.

15 comments:

  1. I feel like such a bitch, all I've played today is Insaniquarium. The drive went out on my 360 and I have to wait 3 days for a replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so all the good guys die and he wins, no consequences or anything? reminds me of no country for old men :p Wong is a badass for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think that it is horrible at all. In fact, it is about damn time that the good guys lose embarrassingly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a Richard Wong in every game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally something different than the good guys winning, a villain that wins and all the good guys die.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good, might be worth a pick-up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well... wong sounds like a pleasant fellow :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't heard of this.. Thanks for sharing! I enjoy games that put an effort towards the music.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great track, awesome sounding game ending haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I though this game was made by Sega for the Saturn...

    ReplyDelete
  11. huh can't say i ever heard of that one, either.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually haven't heard of this one.

    ReplyDelete