Saturday, May 7, 2011

Samurai Warriors - Pursuing Tadakatsu Honda is a fun way to die...


Dynasty Warriors is fun and all, but too much of it can start to wear on you. So I decided to play something different and play Samurai Warriors 2 on the PC instead!


"Hey wait a second! Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors are the same thing!" Well, sure if you want to be boring like that, but it's a whole new world! For those who don't know, Samurai Warriors takes place during the "Sengoku" era of Japan. So, compared to Dynasty Warriors, it offers completely new characters and a completely different story in a completely different setting. Though, you probably won't be able to tell the difference if you still think China and Japan are the same things.


I don't know why, but the aesthetics featured in Samurai Warriors prove to make the game quite refreshing yet still staying familiar at the same time. The music is the first thing I think about when comparing both Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors. Dynasty Warriors has a soundtrack that features both wailing electric guitars and traditional Chinese instruments giving the game a fun and energetic vibe. Samurai Warriors uses traditional Japanese instruments such as the "Shamisen" along with electronic synth which is certainly more understated than Dynasty Warriors, but I feel it compliments the hectic atmosphere perfectly. Here's a song that gives you an idea of what to expect in the game, it's not catered towards everyone's taste for sure, but if you dig the "shamisen", you might like it:



I'm planning on picking up Samurai Warriors Chronicles for the 3DS soon. I honestly need to use it as I have yet to buy a single game for it! Oh well, I hope you guys have a fun weekend.

34 comments:

  1. This game looks great. I loved Dynasty Warriors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, Samurai Warriors Xtreme on the PS2 is my absolute favorite. I love Kunoichi and they took her away from me in SW2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Dynasty Warriors was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Played Dynasty Warr on my PSP back in the day. Great series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure if I like it. I'm going to have to try it in the future

    ReplyDelete
  6. never heard of this game but the music is good and im kinda wanna play it now

    ReplyDelete
  7. Game looks good, I think I'll try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fun game indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ddduuuuuuuuuddddeeeee samurai warriors one was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. never even heard of this game, but it looks good

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sooooo glad Dynasty Warriors 7 is FINALLY co-op online. It's the only thing the last 20 installations needed. Now, if I can only find a used copy of it....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yey i have to play it, thanks for info bro!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i was obsessed with the dynasty warriors series, only played these ones a few times but were JUST as fun if not more

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never heard of this game before... just I might Just get if...

    ReplyDelete
  15. This game actually looks hella sick!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh maaaaaaaaan, this brings me way back to my Dynasty Warrior days. Just massive chaos and AOE ownage. XD

    ReplyDelete
  17. i don't know why i laughed at the second screenshot

    ReplyDelete
  18. Played Dynastie Warriors a bunch of times I've never seen that game. It looks quite the same probably i should check it out when i have time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. ever since watching inuyasha i have been interested in japan from the old times. this game might just help with my curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
  20. never played this game series, seems like I gotta check it out :P

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hm never heard about this game but you got some nice goodlooking games here!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i played both, and i think that samurai warriors has better chars.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It doesn't really look much different.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You can really only tell the difference if you're really into those games.

    ReplyDelete
  25. this games looks pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gotta try this game out!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I agree that they are very similar. Haven't tried this probably won't spend money on it though haha. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete